Thursday 1 October 2020

Bell Hammers - Lancelot Schaubert

In my defence, the good lord told me to do it. Before you go find a shirt where the sleeves do up at the back closely followed by the men in white coats.

I've had this book for quite a while now, and it would appear that I have done both it, and the author some injustice in having not read it thus far.

It follows the life of one family, residents of Little Egypt. Their fight against the Oil companies, both locally and nationally on the environment. I mean no harm, but it could easily have veered off on the environmental track, as they had a copy of a report by EXXON which denied global warming as a fallacy. So as to melt the Alaskan ice flows to make it easier to drill for oil.

But that is just a small part of the story.

Overall, it is a story about friendship, love, family, oh yes and the good lord himself (who got most of the best lines).


Status: Completed

Rating:4.2/5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment