Monday 2 September 2019

Mindstar Rising - Peter F Hamilton (Audiobook)



OK, so I am a virgin. Well no more. This was my very first audio-book, and I managed to steer clear of the behemoth that is audible. At least for now anyway, to my rescue, my local library does audio books available for loan via an app.

Enough of that anyway, here's what I came here to do.

Mindstar Rising. I realise, that Hamilton at times can be very heavy, and hard to read. However, that to me is acceptable, due to the fact that his stories are compelling. I found myself listening more, and more often. At breaks at work, in the car (on my own only!) at various times during the day, when I should have been doing other things instead.

I think that shows dedication.

The narrator, well voices aren't really his thing. Most sounded like a bad impression of a West Indian, and I'm sure that all of the characters weren't all of the same ethnicity.

Apart from that small thing. It was well written, and on the most part well said.

Backdrop, was, from what I can remember was based on actual possibilities. If the polar ice caps were due to melt because of global warming. Peterborough, a coastal town.

Status: Completed.

Rating: 3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment